Thursday, July 31, 2014

♔ St Ignatius of Loyola ♔


“God freely created us so that we might know, love, and serve him in this life and be happy with him forever. God's purpose in creating us is to draw forth from us a response of love and service here on earth, so that we may attain our goal of everlasting happiness with him in heaven. All the things in this world are gifts of God, created for us, to be the means by which we can come to know him better, love him more surely, and serve him more faithfully. As a result, we ought to appreciate and use these gifts of God insofar as they help us toward our goal of loving service and union with God. But insofar as any created things hinder our progress toward our goal, we ought to let them go.” ― St. Ignatius of Loyola


“If God causes you to suffer much, it is a sign that he has great designs for you, and that he certainly intends to make you a saint. And if you wish to become a great saint, entreat him yourself to give you much opportunity for suffering; for there is no wood better to kindle the fire of holy love than the wood of the cross, which Christ used for his own great sacrifice of boundless charity.” ― St. Ignatius of Loyola 


“Act as if everything depended on you; trust as if everything depended on God.” ― St. Ignatius of Loyola


Prayer of St Ignatius of Loyola

Take, O Lord, and receive my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding and my whole will. All that I am and all that I possess You have given me: I surrender it all to You to be disposed of according to Your will. Give me only Your love and Your grace; with these I will be rich enough, and will desire nothing more. Amen.
_________________________

O Blessed Virgin Mary, Good St Joseph 
and St Ignatius of Loyola, please pray for us.
_______________________


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment has been submitted for approval. God bless you!