Wednesday, May 28, 2014

♔ DEATH OF ST. JOSEPH'S PARENTS ♔ Revelations of Mother Cecilia Baij


For any accounting of the deaths of Joseph’s parents, we rely completely on the Imprimature & Nihil Obstat granted revelations of Mother Cecilia Baij, as no other venerable or saint has appeared to come forward with such revelations, as with much of St. Joseph’s childhood mentioned in earlier posts.


We are told that St. Joseph was 18 years of age when the time came for his parents to depart from this earth. His mother was first to die, due to illness. It was Joseph, who would one day become the Patron of a Happy Death, who ministered to her in her last days. Such happiness and consolation she experienced in her final moments in the presence of her holy son:
 
He rendered to his mother Rachel a most commendable assistance and service, strengthening and comforting her in her pain, constantly begging God to give her patience in her agonizing illness.

The holy youth spent many a night watching and assisting at his mother’s bedside, or praying for her. Just as he had previously shown his gratitude for her goodness to him, so now in these last moments of her life, his behavior was exemplary. He did not wish to leave her, and never tired of serving her or comforting her with his truly childlike, yet holy love. 

... Joseph remained with her until she expired. He was a great help not only to her, but also to his father, who was sorely grieved over the loss of so virtuous a companion in life.

St. Joseph, suffering and weakened by the loss of his mother, had little time to grieve, as it was soon after her departure that his father had become ill. He would continue in his role as devoted son to his father, just as he had done for his mother, ministering to him in his final moments:

It was not long afterwards that Joseph’s father Jacob became deathly sick. Joseph himself had been weakened considerably during the period of his mother’s painful illness, to which was now added this serious affliction. He fervently implored God for the help of His grace, and for the energy and strength needed to be able to assist his father during his final illness.

Joseph tended and served his father affectionately, both day and night, and encouraged him in the patient endurance of his sufferings and anxieties. As his father’s last hours arrived, Joseph attended him lovingly, encouraging and stimulating him to an ever greater trust in the divine goodness and mercy, and consoling him with his own conviction that he would soon enter into the domain of peace and joy. Thus, fully resigned and with a firm hope of obtaining eternal life, Joseph’s father finally expired. Once his father had breathed his last, Joseph withdrew and allowed his grief-stricken nature to find relief in tears. Indeed, he had every reason to be sorrowful, considering what a generous, loving and solicitous father he had lost.

After the departure of his father, we are shown the image of an 18 year old Joseph falling under the weight of his tears, not only allowing himself to grieve the loss of his parents whom he loved so dearly, but also, commending himself with filial trust to the care of the Heavenly Father:

After he had thus given free reign to his sorrow, he fell down upon his knees, and streaming with tears, besought the Divine Majesty for aid with these words:

“Oh God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob-and my own God! Look down upon me, thus deprived of both father and mother. You have graciously placed them beyond reach of the cares of this mortal life, and I now beg You, that in Your goodness You take me entirely under Your protection. I give and surrender myself again entirely to You.

I have always been Yours’, and also have always been safeguarded and defended by You. I wish to renew my dedication to You, and desire to have   You reign over me completely. Since I am no longer subject to anyone but You, my God, give me the requisite grace, so that I too may be able to say with the royal prophet: ‘My father and mother have left me, but the Lord has taken me up’ (Psalm 27:10). From now on do You be my father, my protector, my mother, my refuge, my whole support. Do with me and mine as it pleases You. May Your holy will be accomplished in me in everything. Grant that I may always discern Your will, for it is my desire to follow it completely and perfectly.”
 

http://princeofthechurch.yolasite.com/young-joseph.php

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment has been submitted for approval. God bless you!